Node version issue in x-press publishing

This has been addressed in another thread I’ve commented on, but I think in general, some of the xpress-publishing project needs to be run in an earlier version of node (8.9.3). It took me a lot of research, including looking through the codecademy forums, but i had to install nvm, switch to node version 8, and only then could i npm install sqlite3, the migration.js file ran, the table was created and i can now read it in my db browser, and the npm test command worked. Maybe this needs to be addressed in the project files?
J

2 Likes

Yeah same problem here. Please fix this.

I took your advice and tried using both node versions 8 and 9 to install sqlite3 but I still get the same error. CODECADEMY WHERE ARE YOU???

This worked for me, its an npm package that has a lot of support features including bundling slqite3 versions as a fallbacks if there are comparability issues.

In the terminal type: npm install https://github.com/mapbox/node-sqlite3/tarball/master

I haven’t found any issues so far with using it but, I would create a git branch before installing it in case it does cause issues or if codecademy finds a better solution.

2 Likes

Hello man, I still have the problem. I tried using this solution but sqlite3 is still not working and I don’t know how to fix this issue