New York Fashion Week HTML Project Errors?

You must select a tag to post in this category. Please find the tag relating to the section of the course you are on E.g. Forms, Structure

Hi, I am having issues with completing the New York Fashion Week HTML project.
My issue is that even when I watched the help walkthru and copied all the code, I still have issues with code fragments appearing in my final project when they aren’t appearing in the sample completed project with the same code.

I am using a MacBook Pro version 10.9.5 with latest version of Google Chrome.

The code fragment I am receiving that appears on my completed project says href=“#contact” by the first picture of the blogger at the top of the screen. Other code fragments are appearing as well.

What is causing this issue?

Thanks,

pocket_calculator

When you ask a question, don’t forget to include a link to the exercise or project you’re dealing with!e

If you want to have the best chances of getting a useful answer quickly, make sure you follow our guidelines about how to ask a good question. That way you’ll be helping everyone – helping people to answer your question and helping others who are stuck to find the question and answer! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@pocket_calculator Welcome to the forums! Could you please post your code, as it would help a lot in diagnosing the problem! Thanks!
Happy coding!

I just wanted to say that the wiki target is a little different than the one provided in the exercise … I was just at that step and clicked through the link and it said there was no such page but obvs. wiki has a NYFW link so here is the updated link if you want to make your proj. as correct as possible.

I am having some problems completing the NYFW project, I had attempted it before and struggled at that point. The main issue I had the first time was the nesting link. I thought I had figured it out. I clicked on the link and it worked. But it’s showing that there were errors in the code and I can’t figure out what I was doing wrong.

Also, I was confused by the

section. I don’t remember this being covered in the lesson.

If possible, can someone take a look at my work and point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Hello @course4819067295,

Can you post your code and include a link to the lesson please.

[How to] Format code in posts - Getting Started - Codecademy Forums

This is very strange. I am attempting to copy and paste my work for the nesting link and it’s not working.

I realized I do have notes for the contact link. I will try that later on.

Thank you

Julie Hankinsbn

1 Like

I am stuck on something and I cannot seem to be able to post anything on the forums. I am trying to use a attribute and it keeps telling me my code is incorrect. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-html/lessons/html-document-standards/exercises/linking-new-page-html

Hello @course4819067295 ,

Sorry to hear you are having problems posting to the forums. Does it give you any errors? To post your code, copy the code and then press the <\> in the toolbar above.

Without looking at your code, I can suggest double check your syntax (paired up quotes, no extra spaces, proper beginning and end tags).

It wasn’t giving me the option to post for some reason. I can double check. I can also take another look at my code. Maybe fresh eyes would make a difference.

Thank you.

Hello @course4819067295,

Make sure the attributes are specified in the start tag.

<a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_bear" target="_blank">Learn More</a>

Thank you. I’ll take another look.

1 Like

I am having a hard time understanding why my image is not showing up in the NYFW project.

All my other images show up as they should.

1 Like

I have been having the same issues. Let me know if you find a solution

Hi, I am completely novice to html and am having trouble with the NY Fashion week project on Codecademy.
The code is red because it is saying that it is not able to take the “&” symbol and that I need to add an escape sequence. What does that mean?

you could use the HTML entity &amp; to make the & show up on the page.
& is sometimes not used by itself because & indicates the start of an escaped HTML entity.

The only error I have ran into for the Fashion Week blog is the three images they give us via url don’t work.