Codecademy Forums

New user tutorial? [certified badge]

Ok… I confess… I’m a completionist. I LIVE for badges. :sweat_smile:

But can someone please tell me how to get the ‘Certified’ badge in the forums? I have looked everywhere for this elusive interactive tutorial. And… while you’re here. Do you know anything about the Advanced Tutorial?

Thanks!

Hello, and welcome to the forums :slightly_smiling_face:! I don’t know myself, but I think you have to read the Getting Started section @SuperUsers can help you though.

6 Likes

Hey @jdrmiller!

Go ahead and send a message to @discobot. He’ll provide you with the info you need :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

Note: Please complete this in a DM. NEVER on the main forums. I’m just showing how its done

7 Likes

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: New User, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

7 Likes

adding on to Steven’s

The exact line to type is:

@discobot start new user

8 Likes

I typed exactly that, and got no result exempt for this for discobot for typing start new user:

Thanks for joining Codecademy Forums, and welcome!

If you’d like to learn more, select below and bookmark this personal message . If you do, there may be a :gift: in your future!

5 Likes

follow the instructions, bookmark it and more instructions will come along

8 Likes

Thanks everyone! I knew I was missing something!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.