Need help with spring annotations, specifically with @RequestBody and @RequestParam

Hello there!

I have a question about how a certain interaction of spring annotations works. I am working on the dining review API right now and this is what I came across -
In my Restaurant Controller I want a Post method to post a new restaurant, which is easy enough. I just use @RequestBody to register a new entry in the database. BEFORE I do that though I want to check if a restaurant with the same name and ZipCode already exists. Is there a way to “extract” those informations off of the request body or do I need to add additional @RequestParams, and how would that work and affect the curl commands? This is my code so far but I am not sure if it would work the way I intend it to:

@PostMapping("/") public Restaurant addNewRestaurant(@RequestBody Restaurant restaurant, @RequestParam String name, @RequestParam Long zipCode ) { Optional<Restaurant> checkForExistingRestaurants = this.restaurantRepository.findByRestaurantNameAndZipcode(name, zipCode); if (checkForExistingRestaurants.isPresent()) { throw new ResponseStatusException(HttpStatus.CONFLICT, "Restaurant already exists"); } else { Restaurant newRestaurant = this.restaurantRepository.save(restaurant); return newRestaurant; } }

Non codebyte:

@PostMapping("/")

public Restaurant addNewRestaurant(@RequestBody Restaurant restaurant, @RequestParam String name, @RequestParam Long zipCode ) {

Optional<Restaurant> checkForExistingRestaurants = this.restaurantRepository.findByRestaurantNameAndZipcode(name, zipCode);

if (checkForExistingRestaurants.isPresent()) {

throw new ResponseStatusException(HttpStatus.CONFLICT, "Restaurant already exists");

} else {

Restaurant newRestaurant = this.restaurantRepository.save(restaurant);

return newRestaurant;

}

}