Need Help with First Move! "Oops, try again. Did you remember to console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'"); ? Move!"

First Move

Oops, try again. Did you remember to console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'"); ?

// Check if the user is ready to play!
confirm(" Let's Begin!");
var age = prompt ("What's your age?");
if (age <13){
    console.log("You may begin at your own peril!");
    }
    else {
        console.log("Keep going! You can do it!");
        }
        //introduction
    console.log = ("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'");

console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says,'Who wants to race me?'");
     var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");

Try removing the = sign after console.log

I was receiving the same error. The weird part was that it was sending the text to the console so I figure there was some small difference (spacing or something) between what I had keyed and what was being checked for. I copied and pasted the text (everything within the parentheses) from the error and used it to replace what I had in my code. That cleared the error.

I cleared the = sign and I still got an error and the > Oops, try again. Did you remember to console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'"); ?

console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says,'Who wants to race me?'");

I can't see what's wrong.

It could be what @tazewell1 mentions. Copy and paste the text from the instructions and insert them into your code. The error might be that there isn't a space after the says, in

I did that, and I'm still getting the error message. I even tried closing the space between Bieber and and Who.
console.log(" Suddenly,Bieber stops and says,'Who wants to race me?'");

I copied the text from the error message and that worked for me. @decoder87 is it sending output to the console?

Yeah, it just cleared on the 8th try lol There is a bug somewhere.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.