Need help.. 7/7

Don't know what's wrong..
Please help !!

None is the only instance of the class NoneType, so that's the value that you're dealing with.
(just like 5 is an instance of int)

So somewhere you try to do addition with None:

5 + None

Doesn't make sense, so you get an error message.

None represents lack of value, for example if a function doesn't return anything explicitly, it will return None

You've got a line number for the crash so you can tell which addition this is about. Just look at where it's coming from. You can add print statements in your code to follow along in how your code executes to see how it obtains the value None

Sorry, I don't get you.. Can you just do it for meh completely ?

From the instructions for the 'rental_car_cost' function: (if) you rent the car for 7 or more days, you get $50 off your total. Alternatively (elif), if you rent the car for 3 or more days, you get $20 off your total. Can't have two if blocks in a row, if -> elif...

So, your code should be:

def rental_car_cost(days):
    cost = 40 * days
    if days >= 7:
        cost -= 50
    elif days >= 3:
        cost -= 20 
    return cost

I tried that too..Still the same error

Try with removing return cost in elif

But that has got to do nothing ..
Error is on line 25 and 27 !

You get info that something is wrong in those lines, but functions in those lines takes data from another functions. Those functions may work, but they can also return data, which don't "fit" to calculations made for e.g. in def trip_cost. It's just my theory.

Did you remove that return cost ?

Here's what worked for me:

def hotel_cost(nights):
    return 140 * nights

def plane_ride_cost(city):
    if city == "Charlotte":
        return 183
    elif city == "Tampa":
        return 220
    elif city == "Pittsburgh":
        return 222
    elif city == "Los Angeles":
        return 475    

def rental_car_cost(days):
    cost = 40 * days
    if days >= 7:
        cost -= 50
    elif days >= 3:
        cost -= 20 
    return cost    

def trip_cost(city, days, spending_money):
    return rental_car_cost(days) + hotel_cost(days) + plane_ride_cost(city) + spending_money

print trip_cost("Los Angeles", 5, 600)

You can try re-typing it, 'cause i got the same error when the editor bugged out and didn't format the return part of trip_cost correctly.

Whoa.. Thank you so much !!

Also, if you’re having trouble with code that you think is correct be sure to try it out in labs repl.it

Fine.. Thank you so much !!

not working can i get the reply me whats wrong in this.
thanks in advance

The print statement in the end has to be in the same indentation as the methods starting with def. Your current code doesn't work because you have the print statement as part of the trip_cost.

it should

def trip_cost(..):
return ..

print trip_cost()