Navigating to "My PC" or "This PC" through bash command line in Windows

Dear friends in Codecademy,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to navigate to “My PC” through bash command line. There is “Windows C:” directory where I created my Projects directory. I was advised to create directory in desktop because it is easier to access. However I am still curious how someone navigates to “My PC” in bash command Line using Windows. Thank you

kindes regards,

Nick Nguyen

This question is flawed, BASH (born again shell) is the default shell on my *nix (based) operating system. Windows has cmd, not BASH, we can navigate in CMD, that is possible.

getting to your desktop would require:

cd \users\<your_username>\Desktop\projects

assuming you are in the c: drive, otherwise you have to type c: first, we can also navigate using a relative path, but its been to long since i used windows cmd

1 Like

Thank you stetim94, sorry I forgot I was using the Gitbash app Codecademy suggested for windows users

Your advice worked, I changed directory to “c:” and it worked flawelessy. Thank you very much!

That has also been a while, but then you have different directories i believe.

then you should be to ~/Desktop` to get to your desktop.

I used git bash for a while, then i just used Linux. Using two different OS (git bash is a linux subset or something like that) with different shells got confusing

1 Like