My Portfolio

Hey! This project was super fun and a bit challenging for me. Since I’m new in front-end (and IT in general), it was my first project where I used HTML, CSS and a bit of JavaScript. I think I now have a better understanding of these topics. It took me several days to complete, but I liked it.

I’ll be happy to get some constructive criticism to be able to improve my skills :slight_smile:

Here is the link to the project: Irina Rakhimova
And my GitHub: GitHub - IrinaRakhimova/Portfolio

Thats great, I remember those days when I was also struggling to learn HTML CSS. I can provide general tips and advice on HTML, CSS, and JavaScript that could help you improve your skills:

1. HTML:
  • Use semantic tags when possible. This can improve accessibility and SEO.
  • Keep your HTML code clean and well-indented. This makes it easier for others (and future you) to read and understand.
  • Always include alt attributes on your image tags. This helps with accessibility and in cases when the image can’t be loaded.
  1. CSS:
  • Try to organize your CSS logically, either by section or by specificity.
  • Make use of CSS classes to avoid code repetition.
  • Look into CSS methodologies like BEM, OOCSS, or SMACSS to help structure and organize your CSS.
  1. JavaScript:
  • Make sure to use ‘let’, ‘const’, or ‘var’ when declaring variables to avoid potential issues with variable hoisting.
  • Learn about ES6 features like arrow functions, template literals, etc. They can make your code cleaner and more efficient.
  • Try to keep your functions small and focused on a single task. This makes your code more readable and easier to debug.
  1. General:
  • Comment your code. It’s crucial for understanding the functionality of certain code blocks, especially when you review it after some time or share it with others.
  • Responsive design is important. Make sure your website looks good on all device sizes.
  • Try to follow the DRY principle (Don’t Repeat Yourself) to make your code more efficient and easier to maintain.

Hey! Thanks for your tips!