I’ll be happy to get some constructive criticism to be able to improve my skills
Here is the link to the project: Irina Rakhimova
And my GitHub: GitHub - IrinaRakhimova/Portfolio
- Use semantic tags when possible. This can improve accessibility and SEO.
- Keep your HTML code clean and well-indented. This makes it easier for others (and future you) to read and understand.
- Always include alt attributes on your image tags. This helps with accessibility and in cases when the image can’t be loaded.
- Try to organize your CSS logically, either by section or by specificity.
- Make use of CSS classes to avoid code repetition.
- Look into CSS methodologies like BEM, OOCSS, or SMACSS to help structure and organize your CSS.
- Make sure to use ‘let’, ‘const’, or ‘var’ when declaring variables to avoid potential issues with variable hoisting.
- Learn about ES6 features like arrow functions, template literals, etc. They can make your code cleaner and more efficient.
- Try to keep your functions small and focused on a single task. This makes your code more readable and easier to debug.
- Comment your code. It’s crucial for understanding the functionality of certain code blocks, especially when you review it after some time or share it with others.
- Responsive design is important. Make sure your website looks good on all device sizes.
- Try to follow the DRY principle (Don’t Repeat Yourself) to make your code more efficient and easier to maintain.
Hey! Thanks for your tips!