My portfolio website- Feedback is welcome!

I still have to make a few CSS adjustments for smaller screens, but here’s a link to my portfolio:

https://matthewkohn.github.io/portfolio/

This was the most challenging & rewarding project I’ve done so far. I made all of it from scratch without any libraries or tutorials, and it took me a good 10 days to complete. I would have saved a lot of time if I decided on content & colors ahead of time, but it was a really fun experience that I’m going to continue to build on.

Take a look and let me know what you think!

-Matt

Hi,

Nice job.

Some feedback:
The exchange rate calculator doesn’t work (at least in my Mozilla browser) with the bottom arrows (yes on the top). And in terms of input, I can only input on the top (where there’s no text box) instead of the bottom. Seems counterintuitive.

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 10.31.53 PM

As for the form, it correctly disallows empty values and some bogus values. But no confirmation for correct values! (I understand it doesn’t do anything yet, but still, something to consider).

Nice.

My feedback would be about the transitions on your buttons and tool icons (like the calculator). When hovering on the items, they transition nicely, but when the mouse leaves the element, they snap back to their original state abruptly.

Just a personal opinion, I think it would be less distracting to the eye if they also transitioned out smoothly.

Cheers!
Eric

I love your drum kit - that’s really nice. I think the three pages could be a bit more similar to each other. I know they all share the same colour palette and fonts, but the combinations change and it might be better to keep them consistent. But I love the hero image and how you’ve laid out your projects, and the tone of the site.

Well done.