I’d like to thank Lisa Frank for the inspiration on my portfolio I can’t wait to learn some framework things bc writing vanilla everything from scratch takes a very long time! I learned so much from this project and also have a new appreciation for how much goes into making a dynamic site not even counting the middleware/backend things I omitted.
I started out trying to make this kinda jokey and then it morphed into a whole ordeal haha.
This project was a Codecademy Pro challenge on the front-end development career path.
- General Info
- Technologies Used
- Project Status
- Room for Improvement
- VS Code
- Multipage responsive site
- Real-time header greeting
- Light/Dark mode toggle
- Party confetti click on grid items
Project is: complete but always making small tweaks
Room for improvement:
- Launch featured projects from grid clicks as links OR
- Create slide out image preview of featured project
- Consider using Less to refactor CSS
- Consider using React or Angular
- Organize code into more modular stylesheets for readability
- Create a backend using a lightweight node.js app like Express
- Use get/set methods and local storage to maintain user preference for light or dark mode across pages
- This project was inspired by Lisa Frank and Jem
- This project was based on my imagination and some CSS tricks I picked up from Kevin Powell
Created by Melissa feel free to send a DM