My Portfoio

Just finished my portfolio, Took me three days.

This is a link to the website SYahaya || Portfolio
also a link to the github repo GitHub - SadickYahaya/syahaya.github.io: my personal portfolio website

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Wow, everyone else’s projects keep giving me a humility check!

Great styling on your page. I love the animation on the “Frontend Web Developer” text. I’m going to have to take a look at your GitHub repo and see how you did that. The highlighting and enlarging of clickable icons/links was a great design choice as well. Going to have to steal that one from you too, haha.

As for the critical feedback on your project, the first thing I would suggest is that instead of just linking your GitHub repo of the projects, you should incorporate those projects into your webpage! I love seeing code, but code is way more interesting when you can see what it does firsthand, and since you are trying to present your projects as a symbol of good work, you should show off their function on your page! If the project is not particularly easy to implement into the main page, at least include a description, and maybe an image of the project in action.

Also, the link to the AI Chatbot project does not lead anywhere.

“I’m looking foward to make the web a beautiful and interactive place with every line of code I write.”
I think you definitely will. Loved your page. Great job.

If you want to take a look at my portfolio and tell me what I could add/remove/improve, let me know!
https://icy-rex.github.io./

After seeing your portfolio, I know I need to step up my work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there, Gabriel.

Im so glad you reviewed my project. This is the first reply I’ve had on this platform. I like how you pointed out the good part and as well, I appreciate your criticism.

I actually had in mind to incorporate my projects into the webpage. I think im gonna have to work on that as soon as possible. The AI chatbot was my final year project in college. The reason why it is not linked to the project is because I dont seem to have it at the moment. I’m trying to retrieve it and I will make the connection as soon as I get my hands on it.

Your portfolio has great arrangement and enough whitespace for good readability. but aside the icons on the page, I think it lacks a color since everything else is black and white. Also it has no interactions therefore making it static. You can add in some transitions to your navigation menu and your skill icons to to make the page a little interactive.

But hey, there is more to learn and share, I cant say it all here. Lets link up, share more ideas and work on projects together. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I loved the card at the top, it’s looks like a presentation card, pretty ingenious.

Aside from what icy-rex mentioned. The only thing that I’m not in favor it’s the font-size of the about me. Seems that it’s 16px which is the lowest recommended from codecademy so it’s technically not a bad one. But I would recommend use bigger font for not heavy text sites.

Coming from someone who has trouble reading a lot it is a help ( Using open dyslexic font has finally allowed me to read books more easily, although this is not a recommendation, the font is not pretty and it does not works with everyone :sweat_smile:) So if you’re using 16 fonts use sans-serif fonts, they are easier on the eyes :smiley:

Overall I really dig this porfolio :ok_hand:

Not gonna lie, the ‘about me’ section really needs more improvement, I didn’t spend much time on that section. I guess I have to make time to make some improvement to make it more readable and interactive. I think an accordion would be nice. Im gonna have to steal from icy-rex’s portfolio. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :star_struck:

1 Like