My Personal Portfolio -- Feedback Welcome!😁

Hello!

My website: Sarah Roesler | Web Developer | Portfolio

Link to Github Repo: GitHub - sarahroesler/portfolio: portfolio website

I am still working on making it responsive for different screen types and I would like to add more Javascript interactivity, but I would love feedback in the meantime! Also I only had one project to display, so I linked it three times as a placeholder for future projects.

This project took me about 3 days to complete, and I am still working.

Thank you and happy coding! :grinning:

4 Likes
  • Perhaps rather thank “Skills” change it to “Core Technologies” and then break it down into “Programming Languages” and “Tools” (Git, VS, or any IDEs you use for example, etc.). What do you think?

• Also, I would recommend not adding any links to your personal social media like FB, Instagram or Twitter (unless they are business/professional in nature). There needs to be a separation between work and private life. Plus, honestly, no potential employer wants to know where you went on vacation or what restaurant you went to last night, or worse, what bar you went to, etc.

2 Likes

Thats fair! Most professionals portfolio pages I’ve seen had their instagram linked so I figured it was alright, and I didnt like just having two Icons at the bottom I felt three looked better haha. But i definitely get what you mean I had thought about that.

Once I can add more languages/tools to my skillset I will definitely modify it thank you!

1 Like

Finally completed different screen views and added some animation.

So overall this took about 4 days.

Would appreciate any feedback :slight_smile:

Okay I think i’ve fixed everything that I’ve wanted to for the most part.

Please let me know what you think:)

This looks great, Sarah!
The responsiveness of the site works well when I adjust my screen size, and so do the mouse-over features. Well done!
Consider creating a .js file and writing the javascript interactivity functions there. We learned a lot about that in the past few modules, and it seems to be a best practice, plus it’s a good skill to show off.
I would also align the title of the projects section with the navigation link. Currently, it says “work” but consider listing it as “projects.”
If you want three icons at the bottom, you can move the email icon there and remove instagram. I agree with Lisa that those images are not relevant for a professional context.

Great job! You can see my (somewhat more basic) portfolio site here: My Portfolio

Sandy

Thanks so much for the feedback! I’ll definitely remove my Instagram link, hadn’t gotten around to it since I haven’t been sharing it for employment yet. I’ll most likely change “work” to “projects”. I preferred it for aesthetic reasons haha. I hadn’t considered linking my scripts in a separate document just because I don’t have very much but I might swap.

Your portfolio looks great! Only thing I’d consider is making everything larger for mobile display.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you, Sarah! I was wondering if it was just a glitch, that my site showed up tiny on the phone, so I’m glad you let me know about it. I added the viewport meta tag to my HTML head, and now it works sort of as expected.

Sandy

Looking good Sarah, really impressive.

The link to take you back up to the top of the page is a great idea.

1 Like

Thank you! Appreciate it.

Your portfolio site and sample projects look great. Thanks for sharing a link to your GitHub repository. It is interesting to see how different people accomplish things in their code.
I like the smooth scrolling when a link is clicked.
Nice job!

1 Like

Thank you! I always enjoy looking at others’ code as well. Everyone has such different ways of accomplishing projects. Appreciate the feedback!

Pretty website from a pretty girl. I love it!

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate it!