My Learn C++ Review

So far so good! I’m a true beginner in programming and I learned a lot from these 3 modules. I wished there was more info on running .cpp files locally and using c++ locally in general. Although I did appreciate the video walk-through!

4 Likes

I personally though the course should be a A because it isn’t everywhere you can find a C++ course. With the update, maybe I would even rate it a A+

5 Likes

oh wow thank u :slight_smile: also, module 4 coming tomorrow (monday) and livestream plus a mini-lesson coming on thursday!

6 Likes

Wait, more material on Thursday?! I didn’t see that on the update thing :grinning:

Thank you for telling us!

5 Likes

yep just updated it!

and check this out everyone:

4 Likes

Thank you for the new update!

4 Likes

I do not believe this should be a part of the get help section of the forum, it isn’t actually asking for help and is just a C++ Review, maybe post it somewhere else?

Your Criticism is still welcome of course, and it is a good and in depth review that really will help the community.

• Jeff

PS:Serious post, don’t delete, this really shouldn’t be here.

5 Likes

Thank you for telling us this! I changed it to General where it should belong since it is just a review like you said.

6 Likes

i did edit it :slight_smile:

and yes, i’m going to add another exercise in variables for string and char!

3 Likes

can you make a pull request here? https://github.com/sonnynomnom/Codecademy-Learn-C-Plus-Plus

and add your code for rock paper scissors inside the rock paper scissors folder?

and then i can add a link in the course.

feel free to add a fun fact comment about yourself (or where u are from) at the top of the program!

5 Likes

I’m confused :confused:

Then @sonnynomnom said this:

So who actually edited it?

Anyways, nice update!

4 Likes

oh i was talking the course. i edited the harry potter sorting hat quiz :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I edited it @icetomeetyou. Sonny Li just edited the course.

5 Likes

Sorry about that. Not quite certain how I managed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

4 Likes

Thanks. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

Hey @sonnynomnom
Sorry, you caught me on the one week of the year where I’m actually busy. I’m a github novice so I’ll try to take a look at doing it on Sunday morning when I have a little free time. If you know of a quick tutorial let me know; otherwise, I’ll find one on youtube.
Again, sorry for the delay.

4 Likes

very good …

hey matt! oh no worries!

so the best way is to create a github account and then download their GitHub Desktop app (https://desktop.github.com/)

and then go here: https://github.com/sonnynomnom/Codecademy-Learn-C-Plus-Plus

and click “Clone or download” and then “Open in Desktop”

and then if u search “Codecademy-Learn-C-Plus-Plus” on your computer, u should find the folder.

and then you can add your rock paper scissors in that folder!

and then make something called a Pull Request.

and then I can merge it from my end and then add your code to our course!

4 Likes

also 2nd livestream is up!

(another code challenge :slight_smile:)

5 Likes

Yes! Another C++ challenge. I will hopefully do this one =)

5 Likes