My Journey... finally started with 31 years of age

First of all my English is not the best and often in Codeacademy are words that I dont understand :joy:
and I need to google it.

Back in my Childhood at the age of 5 I sit in front of the Commodore Amiga and could handle it better then my older sisters and better then the rest of my fam.
At the age of 8 or 9 I saw the movie Hackers and I was hooked. This is what I want in the future…

In 2012 I started to study Computer Science at the University… but after 1.5 years I had no money for it anymore… so I quit sadly… and now after serveral years after Army some bullsh*t Jobs and
after my 2 year training as a druggist.
Worked there for 1 year in the company. Poached by another company. Made market manager there. In 3 months a market was completely built up, I was brought back by my old company. Now after a year where I was about to burn out. The company wants to get rid of me at all costs.
You give everything and you get nothing.

I finally started with Coding my old passion.
Started with Python and the Computer Science course.

The first lessons are pretty good but now… the real challenge begins.
I stuck at Lists and Loops :sob: … sometimes I dont understand how should I solve this problem.

After I press view solution… I can understand the Code… most of the time.
I hate it when I press the button because I dont know how can I solve the problem…
to be continued…

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story @netsurfer71577! Sounds like you’re on the right track to doing what’s meaningful to you. :slightly_smiling_face:

For what‚Äôs it‚Äôs worth, Python is not easy! But hang in there‚Äď reread instructions, rerun your code, and ask for help when you need it.

You got this.

2 Likes

Thank you so much.
Yes, at the moment I just rerun the Lists and Loops and reread this stuff.

I enjoy it :slight_smile:
Hopefully coding will lead me into a new Job and a better one.

1 Like

Keep going!!! :+1: :muscle: :clap:

4 Likes

I think sometimes there’s too much emphasis on working EVERYTHING out yourself when learning, , especially in the early stages and it can be demotivating. Some people learn best by being shown and eventually seeing how it’s done correctly, again and again, will train your brain to see the correct answer for yourself.

2 Likes