My Insurance Costs Project

This was my first project on the codeacademy and i’m glad i have done it.

It was right difficult to perform. I had some dummy difficulties, where i sometimes forgot that i need to store all of the file info to my global variable and forgot to change the type of the variable from string to integer to add up it.

It took me about 2.5 hours. I wouldn’t say it was a lot, but it wasn’t a little. I think I could have added more tasks, but otherwise the code would be cumbersome and large.

I would appreciate a Code Review. Here is my repository: GitHub - DmiPy/Portfolio-Project-Insurance-Costs-

Great job on completing your first project on Codecademy! It’s definitely a challenging experience, but it’s rewarding once you complete it.

As for your code, it’s great that you were able to work through the difficulties you faced. However, it’s always a good idea to double-check your variable types to avoid errors like adding strings instead of integers.

Regarding the project’s duration, 2.5 hours is a reasonable amount of time, especially for your first project. Don’t be too hard on yourself for not being able to add more tasks. It’s better to have a concise and working code than a lengthy and complex one that doesn’t work.

In terms of advice, have you tried using Jupyter Notebook for your projects? It’s a great tool for data analysis and visualization. Plus, it allows you to document your thought process and code with markdown cells, making it easier to follow and understand.

Overall, great work on your first project, and keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you for your comment!

I have not tried Jupyter Notebook because I am more comfortable working with my IDE (Visual Studio Code). However, if you think it is a great tool for analysis and visualization and allows you to comment better on your thought process while coding, I will try to work with it.

Thanks again for commenting on my project!