My Colmar Academy Project

I just finished the Colmar Academy project and wanted to share it. I decided to go with slightly different spacing than what was in the document spec because I thought some areas looked too cramped with the spacing that was suggested. I used some CSS grid and flexbox and Sass on this project. Let me know what you guys think of my take on this website. Any feedback is appreciated.

Here’s the repository: https://github.com/En-Jen/colmar-academy

And here’s the website: https://colmar-academy-three.vercel.app/

6 Likes

Congrats! I really like this.
Some notes:

• On intuition is feels a little vertically cramped, but that might be highly personal. I do like that each section “invites” you to scroll to the next so maybe the tightness is worth it.

• The footer does seem a little misaligned.

• The typography is sometimes the opposite of what I’d expect. Like in this example the bigger font has huge line spacing, especially in comparison to the smaller text. I would expect the inverse type of proportion. Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 8.24.55 PM

• continuing with typography: I’d also play with the idea of contrasting a little bit more with font weights. Maybe I’d even consider using a serif contrast font for certain title (where applicable) to make it pop a little more. I feel like it already aims for elegant, and that there might be one or two layers more to get it fully there. (this is subjective, I might try the serif variants and decide they don’t, all the same).

You’ve obviously put a lot of thought into this. It’s a classy design.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! You’re totally right about the line spacing being off. I’ll adjust it so that the larger font has smaller line spacing :slight_smile: The vertical cramping is just because that’s what the model for the project had, but I agree that it does look cramped. I think if it were my own design I would definitely add more whitespace. I also like your idea of contrasting the typography more with different font weights. Thanks again!

1 Like

The style and layout of this project are amazing.
I can see that you put a lot of work into this.

Great job. Keep up the great work.

2 Likes