My code is correct (The output is displayed on the console) But the error given by Codecademy says otherwise! There is also another problem, Refer to the last line of my text below to find out

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/python-beginner-2W5v7/0/4?curriculum_id=4f89dab3d788890003000096#

My code works but it says - "Oops, try again. Oops! Did you accidentally delete the variable called original? "

I expect the "Green tick" as usual after submitting the correct answer for an exercise.

print 'Welcome to the Pig Latin Translator!'

# Start coding here!
def check():
    original = raw_input("Enter a word:")
    if len(original) > 0:
        print original
    else:
        print "Empty"
        check()                         # Starts the function again with the prompt message

check()            # This is to execute the function the first time. Else the program does not work.

Also, there is a problem with the "save and submit code" button. It goes blank after I click it and I have had to reload the page again to submit my code.

You were not asked to store it in a function that is why you will not be allowed to pass the SCT,

remove the function, and function calls. :slight_smile:

Alright. But what about the "save and submit code" button problem I asked. Are you experiencing the same?

No this is quite unusual I think you should report this as a bug, with adequate details and if needed screenshots. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.