I just completed my MVP for the Mixed Messages portfolio project.
It’s interesting to now browse what others did for this project and see how different they all are!
In terms of the project:
- Took me maybe 2-3 hours of playing about to get it right with 1 of those hours spent trying to debug the way I was trying to construct the strings in the output
- My repo is available here: GitHub - 0xCryptoStefan/mixed-messages-portfolio: Portfolio project for the Codecademy Full Stack Engineer Career Path
If anyone has a better way of doing the string interpolation I’d be happy to read it! I ended up using a messy approach to split up the string into pieces in an array, and then return the string through another helper function. Definitely wasn’t the way I intended to do this but it’s where I ended up!
I’m certain I can do this better after revisiting the principles.