Mixed Messages: NieR: Automata message generator

Hi everyone, this is my first post and my first portfolio project. I think this project was pretty easy as the focus was more on getting the environment set up than on the code complexity. It took me about 10 minutes of actual coding and 2h of struggle to get the linter and beautifier configured.

Even though my solution is very simple I’d like to get some feedback regarding the general structure of the code, style, etc. If someone could take a look at the package.js configs and tell me whether I’m getting them wrong or not would be very much appreciated.

Link to the repo: GitHub - JoanRosell/NieRspirational: Simple node app that generates random inspirational messages.

Instructions to install and run the project can be found in the ReadMe.
Thank you all for your feedback!

1 Like

You’ve done a lot of work I am impressed !

1 Like

For some reason the codes give no output for me.

1 Like

Great job :+1: :slight_smile: Great work!

I hope you don’t mind me using the file upload methodology? Best implementation I’ve found despite googling … the other solutions are beyond this projects simpler remit.

1 Like

Hi! Have you followed the installation steps that are listed in the Readme? Looks like the script can find the file (it would crash otherwise), so I don’t really know where’s the problem. The last console.log(...) at the end of the file is what makes the script run, if you have deleted it then no code is executed.

1 Like

I don’t quite understand what you mean when you say “file upload methodology”, but the repo is licensed under GPL v3, so you can do almost anything you want with it. Feel free to use it as a template or guide if you like!

Thanks! … I only meant the method / code you’d used.

1 Like