[Meta] Bug with Read Time

I have 8 read time… that’s cool and all, but 8 what? 8 hours? 8 days? 8 weeks? For all I know, read time could be a point system and I have 8 read time points. As a Super User, I obviously know it should say days, but what if I wasn’t a Super User, what if I was a new user, how would I know what that is supposed to say?

1 Like

You literally are out of things to do here aren’t you?

2 Likes

:hushed: … He’s on to me.

All jokes aside, it is still a “bug”, and bugs need to be reported.

3 Likes

Just look at how many read posts… 33 thousand. That would be about 8 days reading time.

3 Likes

Well, yes, anyone can infer this based upon other evidence… Like I said,

All I’m saying is that it used to (and as far as I am concerned, is supposed to) display units such as days, hrs, etc. and now it doesn’t. Three days ago, it said 8 days, then I refreshed the page and it said 8. Just 8. I thought perhaps the page didn’t fully load, so I refreshed again, still only said 8. I closed out of the tab, reopened it in a new page, still only says 8. Different browser… still only 8. This has to be a bug, because it doesn’t make sense otherwise.

2 Likes

If it is a bug, it is not CC’s bug, but Discourse. If it gets back to them maybe they will fix it in the next update. Discourse seems to get a new build about once a month (though I am only guessing, the changes are always subtle).

2 Likes

You’re tellin me! I’m pretty sure I’ve spotted a bug at least 10% of the times they have updated.

2 Likes

Count me out as one who knows anything about Discourse and the update process. Could be it is a total pita to backup profiles and merge them back in after the update. Just guessing.

2 Likes

Like Roy said, it’s not something we’re in control of, sorry! We’d fix it if we could :wink:

3 Likes

I know jib, just making sure that you guys were aware of the issue. :grin:

3 Likes