Merge conflict II

<PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are asking about.>
https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-git/lessons/git-branching/exercises/merge-conflict-2?action=lesson_resume&link_content_target=interstitial_undefined

<Below this line, describe in what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>
Git Branching : Excercis: merging conflict II, instruction 3 requests "Delete all of Git’s special markings including the words HEAD and fencing. If any of Git’s markings remain, for example, >>>>>>> and =======, the conflict remains. ".
These marking are missing from the file and I’m stuck.

<Below this line, add a screenshot of your whole web browser so that we can see what you see.>

The problem described above is exactly my problem. Is there a fix?

Not that I’m aware of. I understand the concept, I just moved on to the next lesson.

joeyfret
February 23
The problem described above is exactly my problem. Is there a fix?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Yeah I understand the concept too but I thought you guys would be interested in it working right. never mind.

I’m with you. I certainly would like it to work too, as it’s discouraging/frustrating.
Not sure how it gets fixed as the issue has been open a while with no fix. All the best.

joeyfret
February 23
Yeah I understand the concept too but I thought you guys would be interested in it working right. never mind.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

You need to type git diff to get the difference in the files (that is not explained in the lesson).
In order to actually change the files, type “nano resume.txt” in order to open the file with the nano code editor, from where you can delete the lines as shown in the exercise. Using Ctrl + O you can then save the file, and Ctrl + X, exit the nano editor. The exercise will be successfully completed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.