Max function on two zipped lists

Hello, i am on 16 - Multiple lists in Python Loops.

I am supposed to pair up two lists and print the higher number in the new pairs.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "python", line 6, in
TypeError: 'int' object is not callable

I expect it to print the higher number from the max function.

list_a = [3, 9, 17, 15, 19]
list_b = [2, 4, 8, 10, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90]

for a, b in zip(list_a, list_b):
    # Add your code here!
    print max(a + b)
 # (a,b) doesnt work either

Refresh the page, and try this again ...

print max(a, b)

look at the python documentation - max, you will need to the following:

max(argument1, argument2)

@appylpye, why refresh the page the + needs to be replaced with a , to separate arguments rather then adding them together

The user's comment indicates that (a,b) doesn't work either, possibly meaning print(a,b). That combined with the error message suggests that the user overwrote the max function with an int in a previous submission, for which that overwritten name is still in memory. However, I admit that is just a guess.

Nevertheless, you are right that the user should check the documentation for max.

And here i thought i wrote the post properly.

I thank you both for replies. The refresh page worked properly. Tried it today again with the (a,b) code on a new window of codecademy and the code worked properly. And yes my note in # meant that max (a,b) didnt work either. Thats why i started to experiment and through a series of smart thoughts came to (a+b) where i thought i was working with small lists and not two integers.. I ws desperate by that time..

So i probably called some nonsense to be printed before getting to the print max(a,b) and the page remembered it.