What is, in your opinion, the best place to learn Maven and Spring (and also what a framework is in the first place)? I am looking for some beginner-friendly resource (I am a beginner when it comes to Maven and Spring, I hardly have the faintest idea what it is). As far as I know, Codecademy doesn’t have anything on that (freely available, leastways)
There are many resources available online to learn Maven and Spring, including official documentation, online courses, and tutorials. Here are a few options to get you started:
- Official documentation: The official documentation for both Maven and Spring are excellent resources for learning about the frameworks. The Maven documentation provides a comprehensive guide to using Maven, including an introduction to Maven concepts, a step-by-step tutorial, and reference material. The Spring documentation provides a similar guide to using Spring, including an introduction to Spring concepts, a getting started guide, and reference material.
- Spring.io: The Spring website (spring.io) has many resources available for learning Spring, including guides, tutorials, and sample applications. The guides provide a step-by-step introduction to various Spring concepts, while the tutorials demonstrate how to build real-world applications using Spring.
- Udemy: Udemy has a number of courses available for learning Maven and Spring, ranging from beginner to advanced levels. Some of the most popular courses include “Spring Framework 5: Beginner to Guru” and “Apache Maven: Beginner to Guru”.
- Baeldung: Baeldung is a popular Java blog that has many articles and tutorials on Spring and Maven. The articles range from beginner-friendly introductions to advanced topics, and include code examples and explanations.
- YouTube: There are many video tutorials available on YouTube for learning Maven and Spring. Some popular channels include “Java Brains” and “Spring Framework Guru”.
In terms of what a framework is, a framework is essentially a set of pre-written code and guidelines that developers can use to build applications more easily and efficiently. In the case of Maven and Spring, they provide a set of tools and best practices for building and managing Java applications. Maven is primarily focused on managing dependencies and building applications, while Spring is a more comprehensive framework that provides many tools for building enterprise applications.