Lost Progress and Completed Project WITHOUT Resetting

Hello!

I’m not sure where to put this, so sorry if this is in the wrong place - I tried to send feedback to try and reach out specifically to the codecademy help desk (or something similar), but it didn’t let me put in any commentary or anything like that.

I’ve been working on the Fundamentals of HTML portion of the syllabus in the Front-End Engineering courses. This morning around 3 a.m., I finished the Fashion Blog project in Learn HTML: Structure.

(I’ve been taking extensive notes, as I am very note-centric when learning something new - but I guess that works as evidence that I’ve completed the sections so yay?)

When I logged on to work on Learn HTML: Tables this afternoon, I noticed my progress in Introduction to Front-End Engineer Career Path was partially missing (just the Introduction: Overview of Web Development section). I went ahead and reviewed the section and completed the work again just to be able to see the checkmark, but when I went back to My Home to resume the Fundamentals of HTML section, all progress in this section was lost somehow.

I’m not sure what to do. I’ve restarted my computer, and I’ve tried loading my courses on my laptop instead, but it looks like it’s completely gone. Is there anything I can do to recover it? Or anyone I can reach out to? I’m really frustrated because I’ve been working extremely hard on completing these courses, and this isn’t the first time I’ve lost progress in the Introduction (it happened once about 2 weeks ago, but it didn’t take long to catch back up to where I’d been, and until today it hasn’t happened since, so I just assumed it was a one-off glitch or something).

Any advice? Or ideas on whom I should be reaching out to?

Thanks in advance!

Ugh, I’m sorry this happened. Did you contact CS via here:
https://help.codecademy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012161553-Customer-Support-Hours-of-Availability

1 Like

I did continue to try and contact support, and got the bot chat to pop up just under half an hour ago, but it would not give me an option for email support even after I hit ‘no’ over and over again.

Eventually, it did suggest a partially helpful link (explaining the likely reasons why I lost progress, but it didn’t have any instructions about what to do next or how to request progress be restored). There was a link at the bottom to submit a request, which I was skeptical of because of how similarly the link is phrased to submitting feedback, (as I mentioned in my original post, there was no option for me to explain or select an issue when I clicked that link), but it did get me to the right place.

I submitted a help request, explained the issue (and how much effort it took to find the help request area, as I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s gotten stuck in this almost never-ending loop before), so I’m just going to leave things alone for now and hope someone is able to help.

Thank you so much for the article though!!! It was more than I could originally find when I was actively searching for it.

(Also, to be fair to the bot / the search results that populated in my various attempts to figure out what to do: I’m neurodivergent, so there is every possibility in the world that the way I phrased my search just wasn’t quite good enough for it to understand what I wanted.)

Chatbots are annoying and pretty useless. :confused:

In the lesson itself, go to “Get Unstuck” and then “Bugs” and report your issue.
but, give CS a little extra time b/c it’s a holiday weekend…and I’m guessing that CC is closed today.