Looking for a Python coding friend and a web dev friend

Hi everyone, I completed the Full-stack career path on here a while back and I’m now working as a freelance web dev. It’s going well so far. I’d like to have a friend with whom we could work on personal projects to expand our portfolio and thus develop our careers.

I am also a linguist and I use Python for NLP tasks. I’d love to have a coding friend with whom we could code fun NLP things, for example language generation apps, etc. Once again, we could work on personal projects. Open to working on more general AI projects as well, I don’t mind learning new things for new projects and I definitely wouldn’t mind expanding my AI knowledge and skills.

Additionally, it would be a good opportunity to work with Github in teams. I am not sure how it works as a team on there yet as I have always used it alone.

If you’re interested, let me know!
Alex

1 Like

Have you checked out the CC Discord server? There’s a DS channel there (along with many others) and you might have luck finding a coding buddy there. Just go to “Chat” in the upper right of this page.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your answer. I will send my message there as well then. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m quite a bit behind you, but as a language teacher and linguistic geek, I’m very interested in NLP! I’m about a third of the way through the Computer Science path, learning Python, and then plan to take some NLP-related courses, but if you’re still looking for project partners/groups in a few months, I’d definitely be interested.

2 Likes

Hi! Thanks for your reply. Sounds great. Let’s connect. I’m also still learning Python. We can also do some non-NLP related projects together if you want. Using Github as a team etc.

1 Like