Lodash project, need help

I can’t get past the first 2 steps of this project. when I run the test in step 2 I get an error message telling me that " _ is not defined". I don’t understand how this could be, I even followed the walk-through video and the hint exactly. I typed “const _ = {};” just like it says to do but this keeps happening. please help, I really want to get past this project so I can move on.

Hello @jacobtyron0939199636, and welcome to the forums. Could you copy, and paste your code in a reply, please? Be sure to put your code between lines containing only three back ticks like so:

```
 code goes here
 ```

The </> button in the menu bar can be used for this.

oops. I copied the link and forgot to include it . here it is
https://www.codecademy.com/paths/full-stack-engineer-career-path/tracks/fscp-javascript-syntax-part-ii/modules/fecp-practice-javascript-syntax-arrays-loops-objects-iterators/projects/lodash

and my code

const _ = {};

// Do not write or modify code below this line.
module.exports = _;

Ok. Thanks. Did you by chance forget to click ‘Save’ before running the node test/lodash.js command?

1 Like

wow facepalm that did it . Can’t believe I missed that. thank you so much for your help

1 Like

No problem. In your defense, the instructions make no mention of clicking ‘Save’. You’ll need to click it after any changes to your code, for them to take effect. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ok, that makes sense now. thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like