Local html file access denied by Chrome

just downloaded visual studio code, the goal was to create your first local website.

When i paste the link to take a look at my local website in my browser (chrome) it says “acces denied” file may be removed, relocated or something with rights and permissions.

How do I fix this ?

@cindylcrx welcome to the forums! Have you tried saving the file locally on your computer, i.e. on your desktop? Whenever I make a locally hosted website, I need to save the file on to my computer first. Then, if it has a .html ending, when I go to open it, it opens on Chrome. It’s not perfect, but if you’re just trying to get the website working, it might be worth trying?

Hi thx for your reply. I did save it locally on my desktop and with the .html extension. When i paste the link in chrome I get the error.
In the meantime I got it to work via my safari but I’d rather have it to open via Chrome.

Hello. Did you try just double clicking on the file? As in, the same way you would when you open it. That works for me. I hope this helps!

Yes I did, works fine on my safari.
Also tried to set Chrome as my default browser but that didn’t work either.

Can you left click, and is there an option to open with Chrome? Apart from that I can’t think of anything else, sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.