Links

please I am writing html and css codes directly on codecademy… how do I link an image file on my system so that it works? this is what I did:

</header>
  <section class = "description">
    <article>
      <h2> Talking about the greater things to come in HTML basics.
      </h2>
      <table>

</table>

</article>
  </section>
</body>
but the image has refused to show. please what do I do.... I am doing this directly on codecademy not notepad
  </header>
  <section class = "description">
    <article>
      <h2> Talking about the greater things to come in HTML basics.
      </h2>
      <table>

</table>

</article>
  </section>
</body>

although its technically possible, you don’t want this. You would need to expose your computer to the internet

either upload the image to a network accessible location or make the html and css files locally on your computer. Then you can link to images on your hard drive

1 Like

oh thanks. I know how to link the files if I am using the notepad… I was just thinking it is possible to do it from codecademy directly. But please tell me how I can “technically do it” . I t will be nice if I know, although I understand the implication… it will expose my system to virus and hacks. Please also tell me how to put a file in a network accessible location… that is very important too. Thanks man… you got my back. I hope I am not putting you through a lot of stress. Thanks.

i am afraid you will need to figure out on your own, i don’t find it ethical responsible to tell you, you will miss the security aspects, i don’t want to be responsible for that.

dropbox, google drive and many more.

1 Like

oh yeah… ethihal hacking stuffs. I understand you. Thanks all the same, you are great.

HELLO SIR
please help me check out this code. I don’t know where I have gone wrong. I wrote the first function but I felt it is not so efficient, it replaced the words in “terms” with just a particular word. so I wrote the second function to help me replace the individual words in “terms” with a particular word. the second function didn’t work well.

#THE EMIAL FUNCTION FOR email_two

proprietary_terms = [“she”, “personality matrix”, “sense of self”, “self-preservation”, “learning algorithm”, “her”, “herself”]

def censor_email_one(email, terms):
new_email_one = ‘’
for this in terms:
new_email_one = email.replace(this, “kinda bad”)
return new_email_one

#print(censor_email_one(email_two, proprietary_terms))

#BETTER FUNCTION FOR email_two

def censor_email_ones(email, terms):
new_email_one = ‘’
for word in terms:
if word == ‘she’:
new_email_one = email.replace(word, “cussy”)
elif word == ‘personality matrix’:
new_email_one += email.replace(word, “behaviourXXXXXXX”)
elif word == ‘sense of self’:
new_email_one += email.replace(word, “referigeration”)
elif word == ‘self-preservation’:
new_email_one += email.replace(word, “binary understanding”)
elif word == ‘learning algorithms’:
new_email_one += email.replace(word, “programing patterns”)
elif word == ‘her’:
new_email_one += email.replace(word, “devil”)
elif word == ‘herself’:
new_email_one += email.replace(word, “evil”)
return new_email_one

print(censor_email_ones(email_two, proprietary_terms))

Hi,

Please create a new topic and follow the guidelines,

Have a read here:

https://discuss.codecademy.com/c/general/getting-started