Linkedin certificate

Hi,
I wanted to ask how do we share Codecademy certificates on Linkedin showing the QR code,
because I tried to share a certificate and it only shows the pic with the balloons celebrating :smiley: but not the actual certificate. But I see in my feed so many students posting the certificate with the QR Code. Did I miss anything??

Thanks.

1 Like

You could save it as a PDF and then upload it to your LI profile.

Or, would this help?

Or this:

1 Like

Yes the certificate was added automatically to my Linkedin certificates though I am not sure who can view the certificate.
When we set the Codecademy profile visible to Everyone does this mean 100% public and searchable via Google? Or only people who have the link can access our profiles? Thanks

If we see a post like this on Linkedin is it that the user uploaded the certificate directly on Linkedin?

Oops, I may have linked an outdated topic. (Sorry about that!)

Well, anyone who you’re connected w/on LI can see the cert. b/c it’s on your profile. Ask a friend to verify that it’s visible on your profile.

Yes.

Yes.

1 Like

Hi there.

I think what you’re seeing in your LinkedIn feed is someone manually posting the image of the certificate, which I don’t think the Codecademy integration with LI does. (I believe it adds the details into the “Education” section, with a link to your profile to view the certificate.)

If you want to recreate the post which you’ve screenshot there, I think you’d need to save the certificate and manually “post” it to LinkedIn.

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just saw that it adds them to the “Licenses & Certifications” portion. (which I think is different from how it used to be(?)).

Yes thank you,
I am new to Linkedin and I didn’t know about the LinkedIn balloons :smiley:
I expected to see the certificate and I got the balloons. An awkward moment, but ok.

1 Like

Yes it does and the share posts the balloons to your feed :smiley: I don’t know how it was in the past.
LinkedIn could ask if we prefer balloons or a cake to celebrate :crazy_face: Oh I see that it can also be a cake it is just random what you will get :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know how to achieve this amazing thing that Github has done on its Linkedin Page and created sections with different names? This is SO COOL!
Is it because it is a business page maybe?

I’m sure you can adjust that in settings when posting items to your profile.
LI has a pretty useful Help page too.