For this project, you will act as a data researcher for the World Health Organization. You will investigate if there is a strong correlation between the economic output of a country and the life expectancy of its citizens.
During this project, you will analyze, prepare, and plot data, and seek to answer questions in a meaningful way.
After you perform analysis, you’ll be creating an article with your visualizations to be featured in the fictional “Time Magazine”.
Focusing Questions :
- Has life expectancy increased over time in the six nations?
- Has GDP increased over time in the six nations?
- Is there a correlation between GDP and life expectancy of a country?
- What is the average life expactancy in these nations?
- What is the distribution of that life expectancy?
GDP Source:World Banknational accounts data, and OECD National Accounts data files.
Scatter Plots of GDP and Life Expectancy Data
To create a visualization that will make it easier to see the possible correlation between GDP and life expectancy, you can plot each set of data on its own subplot, on a shared figure.