Life coach please

I want to be a web programmer later.
What course do you reccomend?
Should I get Codecademy pro?
Which site do you reccommend?
Which book do you think will be helpfull?

Hey Ben701,

I'd recommend starting out with the HTML & CSS course, then move on to JavaScript, then jQuery, then Make a Website and Make an Interactive Website. Once you finish those, look at some of the backend courses from Codecademy. I'm not listing any because by the time you finish the courses I listed, Codecademy will probably have new courses out on stuff :)

At least get familiar with the Codecademy platform first. If you like Codecademy, then yes, you should probably give Pro a try!

CSS-Tricks and the MDN are good resources for web-related stuff :)

Getting books probably isn't worth it at this stage for you. But once you're looking for some, I've liked the books I've read from O'Reilly and Apress :)

Those are great questions for our Pro Advisors! I do recommend Pro and they can help in many ways.

With Codecademy Pro, Advisors are online to help with debugging, code reviews, and more. Advisors will also work with you to determine the best way to go through your path recommending other resources and making sure all your questions about your learning journey are answered. Our Advisors are very familiar with our content and can help you with any issues from beginner to more advanced.

Advisors are eager to help out when you need it. Advisors can:
• Recommend extra resources
• Help with tech issues & questions
• Give guidance on big-picture questions
• Help decide what to learn next
• Customize your path to include more, new, or different courses
• Explain tricky concepts
• Review your code and help you understand difficult exercises

You also get access to extra resources and projects to take your skills and learning to the next level. Learn more here: https://www.codecademy.com/pro/offer

Thanks for reaching out.

Thank you, and Happy Learning!
@AlexCommunityMgr
-Codecademy Community Manager

For web developers, HTML & CSS definitely. Then I'd say JS, Jquery, and maybe the Make a(n interactive) website courses and possibly a back-end language like Ruby or Python.

That's your choice. If you like the free version and want the extra features, then go for it!

There's this cool one called Codecademy...

I don't know. Try a Google search :smile: