Lesson stuck [Solved]

Cannot reset my work-space to the start of exercise. I have tried the reset icon and the button on Get Help!

When I try to continue, it doesn’t advance to next lesson.

Buggy!

17 Likes

When I advance using NEXT to “Changing Variables”, the code in the middle window doesn’t change. I don’t see any line that has “message = …”

4 Likes
2 Likes

agree with above - cannot get further than the first stage

4 Likes

I am having the same issues as the above members. The code editor does not update along with the lesson as you progress in the instructions. I tried to edit the command to get the prompt to follow the instructions when it came to changing color, but I messed it up and couldn’t remember the prompts from the previous instructions so it’s now totally clear and will not reset.

This is our first intro to coding, and specifically, my son wants to learn to code and I would love for him to get this, but hitting this snag already is discouraging. Any advice or help with this would help. Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Same for me, what should we do to get further?

I’m having issues with this too. I am just starting over from the intro course and when I get into the second page or part it automatically runs the code that’s already there and it says it’s wrong before I’ve typed my name. When I do type my name, it says there was an error and shows the red x in the checklist. Is there a reason for this? Am I missing something? I’d love to know, thanks! I tried the bash course and that’s working properly. So confused.

Refresh the page & strictly follow the instructions given in the left half of the screen. If refreshing doesn’t help, go to the home page & come back to the start coding page. Hope it helps.