Lesson 2, step 2 "Model"

I'm having the same issue. Very frustrating.

Please click report a bug and do your best to explain what's happening.

This will speed up the process of fixing these issues.

thank you for this. i thought i was legitimately losing my mind. It's taking a while to fix

Ah good to know I'm not going crazy. There seems to be a old model file that I had to force out to actually create the model. In doing this though, you can't seem to get past step 2 for some reason. I already reported the bug. Hope it is fixed soon.

The exact same thing is happening to me. I cannot progress past step two. This is so frustrating

tried to delete the file by hand to generate another.. but the problem still :frowning:

@all There's a known bug out right now which is preventing learners from completing exercises. Codecademy staff is working towards fixing it as fast as they can, so if you wait a little while and come back, you should be able to get past the exercise :slightly_smiling:

It seems to be working now!! :smiley:

Yeah thank you, it is working :smiley:

I did it! It's just really touchy. Delete line 4 entirely. Even though it is the exact same thing you type in. Even the spaces. Make sure you put one extra space in line 4 than line 5 and BOOM. That dumb X will become a check.
I see you have lines 4 and 5 with equal amounts of spaces. @#$% lesson 2, 2/7 :]

Experiencing this bug right now not sure how to proceed :frowning:

can you post the way to complete step 2/7

Same thing happening to me D:

i'm stucking with the same problem(((

*********************SOLUTION FOUND**********************

1. Refresh the browser.
  2. Do not load local host at the begging
  3. Write the code in db/migrate but don't run
  4. Then load the localhost:800
  5. Hit "Run" and your good to go

Thank you!
Gracias!
Danke!
Спасибі вам!

I am still having these issues and I followed the instructions. Do you guys know if I wrote this correctly?

class CreateMessages < ActiveRecord::migration
def change
create_table :messages do |t|
t.text :content
t.timestamps
end
end
end

i can't see any of that. i typed in the Message model and got a check but step 2 nothing is happening it just pops a small red lettering saying the exact thing suppose to type in line 4 but i don't even know where line 4 is or exists. need help! where am i suppose to type this? t.text :content

A post was split to a new topic: Seeds.rb Only File Under db/migrate

Please create a new topic if you're having a similar issue.