Lesson 12/19 For your A

Hello. Kindly explain

1. This lesson will only pass me if I add a second comma after the 'Print “X” ’ statement.
    Why is this so when the instructions only informed me to add it after the ‘Print char’ statement.

2. Why is it necessary to add the last Print statement to the code? I should think the,

print “X”,
else:
print char,

was sufficient

the exercise informs you what , does (printing on the same line), you have to realize that we want to print everything on the same line, so we need a comma after both print statements

if we just literally tell you everything you have to do, you might learn to code some day, but you won’t learn to program

its important when reading the information/instructions of the exercise, to pause, think what these instructions mean, what is expected of you and how the code should be implemented.

Okay, thanks. I actually thought this could be the case since doing otherwise did not print on the same line, but I wasn’t sure. Cheers

if we just literally tell you everything you have to do, you might learn to code some day, but you won’t learn to program

Thanks, I insisted and did it

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.