Lesson 11 in JQuery not accepting code

I need help. I believe my code is correct to fade in the button fast and with opacity 1 or 100% ( 'fast', 1); but every time i run code, it states an error. what error do i have or is it a glitch? because i did next lesson and everything went through just fine with all same syntax.

$(document).ready(function() {
$("div").mouseenter(function() {
$("div").fadeTo('fast', 1);
});
});

`

Having the same problem, the error suggests to look if I putted in the value 1, but this is what I did..

See this discussion to find a solution!

It looks like your missing the hide()
$('div').hide().fadeTo('fast', 1);

Make sure <script type='text/javascript' src='script.js'></script> is in your <head> section in the HTML

I am having the same issue and yes the script command is entered in the head section.
Any ideas?

When the preview page pops up after you submit your code, hover the mouse over the div that says "Click Me", and wait 2 seconds. That's where I originally got stuck.

$(document).ready(function() {
    $('div').mouseenter(function() {
        $('div').fadeTo('fast',1);
    });
});

this is my code try it
the only problem with me was that I wrote fadeto() instead of fadeTo()

I fixed it, and it is really stupid.

If you open your browser's developer tools (F12, usually), you'll see the error Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined. Basically, this means that JQuery is actually not loaded.

To fix this, add the line <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js"></script> to your index.html file before (because it must be loaded before you use it) your <script type="text/javascript" src="script.js"></script> line. This will load JQuery from Google's CDN.

For more information on adding JQuery to a web page, check out W3School's article on the matter.

Yap, this solve the problem.
THanks