Lesson 10

So im not quite sure what im doing wrong, the instruction say to make count_to equal to the sum of two large numbers. and the screen already has "print count_to" written on it. so i simply make it "print count_to = 87654 + 45678" but i get a syntax error starting at the equals sign. Its probably something quite simple , but any help is appreciated, thank you

First declare the variable count_to and set the value to 87654 + 45678 and then print it on the next line.

oh my. just like i said, something simply that i wasnt remembering to do for some reason, thank you

I'm having a lot of trouble with this section as well I'm typing variable count to = 4000 + 5000 but I'm still getting a syntax error. I'm not quite sure what to do/

what do you mean by declare?

I mean to reserve memory space for the variable. In python the declaration happens automatically when you assign a value to a variable.

It's only this:

count_to = 87654 + 45678

hello miss could you elaborate it clearly because i dont know how apply it
for example:

variable: count_to 72 + 2 ------> is this correct?

No, you need equal sign "="

count_to = 72 + 2

please help, I still don't get it. the prolem is I am guessing at this point. just tell me what to tell the pc.

spam1 = 2600
spam2 = 365
count_to = spam1 / spam2
print count_to

This seems to be returning this error and I'm missing something simple:
Oops, try again. Did you remember to use 30 + 50 in your code?

I think I may know what the issue is. I just got over it myself. Are you typing your math after the "print count_to" on line 5? Don't do that. You'll have to type count_to on one of the lines before that, then do your math on that same line.

Just for people that are still worrying about it, here is the correct code that worked for me:

# Set count_to equal to the sum of two big numbers
count_to = 30 + 50

print count_to

thank you juliet! I got fully right

thank you!**strong text