Lesson 1: Lesson Number One

I need help with Lesson Number One:
https://www.codecademy.com/courses/python-beginner-en-qzsCL/0/1?curriculum_id=4f89dab3d788890003000096

Lloyd = {"name" : ["llyod"], "homework" : [""], "tests" : [""], "quizzes" : [""]}
Alice = {"name" : ["alice"], "homework" : [""], "tests" : [""], "quizzes" : [""]}
Tyler = {"name" : ["tyler"], "homework" : [""], "tests" : [""], "quizzes" : [""]}

I tried this, and it gave me the error message "Oops, try again. The quizzes key does not have the value "[]" in your lloyd dictionary.". I am confused, please help. Thanks

Unfortunately, the exercises aren't very lenient when it comes to case sensitivity.

Have the "name" key be the name of the student (that is, lloyd's name should be "Lloyd")
[...]
and the other keys should be an empty list

Make sure you follow the instructions, and the course will allow you to move forward. Lowercase all your dictionary variables, and uppercase the values of the name key, which should be a String, not a list. Also, make sure you aren't passing any values for your homework, tests, and quizzes lists. At the moment, they do hold an empty string. They need to hold nothing.

Example:

lloyd = {"name" : "Lloyd", "homework" : [], "tests" : [], "quizzes" : []}

Correct the other two dictionaries, and you will be able to move forward.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.