Learn Swift Course Bugs

Hello fellow coders,

This is Sonny from Codecademy. I was the de facto team lead for the Learn Swift course.

Since the completion of the course, the Learn Swift team (me, Kenny, Galina, and Alex D) have fixed all of the 254 of the learn-reported bugs that came in. And I wanted to open a new direct channel for you to report bugs in the Codecademy Community.

Please let me know in the thread below if you see any typos, bugs, cheatsheet problems, etc. Thanks!

4 Likes

@sonnynomnom,

I’m not sure if this is just in my instance of the exercise, or if this is still happening for all users, but when I open up the Structured Gym Regimen project I am greeted with this screen:

If I click Ok and then open up the file browser, I find ExerciseRegimen.swift. It was like this when I originally went through the course, so I just went with it and completed the project in ExerciseRegimen.swift

It’s not a big deal to me, but I just want to double check that you saw this since not all users know you can open up the file explorer for some exercises.

1 Like

yep @el_cocodrilo good catch! we made a change to the exercise file name a while ago. but all the learners who enter the exercise now should not get that popup. only the ones who started the exercise before we made the fix. sorry for the bug!

2 Likes

@el_cocodrilo, that’s on me :grimacing:, sorry about that!

Glad that you were able to work through the program though.

For anyone else who has their file named ExerciseRegimen.swift and is annoyed by that popup:

• Click “Ok” to dismiss the popup.
  • Open the file directory (by clicking on the file icon in the top left of the Code Editor).
  • Right-click the file name (ExerciseRegimen.swift) and select Rename.
  • Remain the file to Exercise.swift.

Like Sonny mentioned, this should be fixed for anyone starting the project recently, but for anyone who’s worked on this project before we implemented the fix, that popup will show up.

Hope that helps and thanks for bringing it up for everyone else!

2 Likes