Learn Python 3 - Grade Book Exercise - Are we supposed to manually type in the combined list or use some kind of function/method?

Hello,

I hope all is well. For the “Grade Book” exercise in the Learn Python 3 course, there is an instruction to combine two lists that were previously defined. The way it is worded it seems like they want us to use some kind of function to “collate” the two lists into a 2D list. However, the material didn’t go over anything like that…are we just supposed to manually type out the information into the 2D list?

Exercise Link: https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-python-3/projects/python-gradebook

I think the answer is yes, that is now expected. I believe the course used to use the zip function to get something close to this but it was shifted to later in the course so to avoid introducing tuples. There’s a dev response on a similar problem I’ll try to find in a moment…

Edit: Not the exact same lesson but a similar situation-

1 Like

Yep, it used to involve utilizing .zip() but now you have to manually combine them.
(doh!)

1 Like

LOL. That’s okay. I don’t mind…it just seemed like it wanted me to use a method the way it was worded. I guess it makes sense if it used to be that way and they didn’t reword it.

2 Likes

Thanks I was just double checking.

Thanks for the help!

It’s a decent question, with or without questionable wording it sounds like you’re on the right track of hunting for a simpler coding solution. Once you cover loops you may start to find some options :slightly_smiling_face:.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.