Learn CSS: Grid (CSS Grid Essentials)

Good day guys , i have an enquiry regarding Exercise 6 of Learn CSS: Grid (CSS Grid Essentials)
I would appreciate your help alot.

Here is the link : https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-css-grid/lessons/css-grid-i/exercises/fraction?action=resume_content_item&course_redirect=learn-css

Instructions
Change your rows so that each row will take up the exact same fraction of the available space.

Question1: Why doesn’t 2fr 2fr 2fr work? Doesn’t it produce the same results as 1fr 1fr 1fr?

Hi there,
By using 1fr 1fr 1fr, each rows/child element will take one-third space of the width of the parent element .grid.
Each row will have the width of 400/3px;
Reply if it helps you.

There are not six rows but three. 1fr makes logical sense, so would be the one to use (and it is what the lesson checker expects, according to the message).

1 Like

By using 2fr 2fr 2fr each row/child element will take up two-sixth space of the width of the parent element.
Each row will have the width of [(400/6) x 2], which again gives us the same results, hence my initial question.

Hi,
Note that there are three rows, not six

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.