Kotlin mobile development course

Several months ago someone else asked this question, but not in the suggestion category. Since then, I’ve joined Codecademy as a pro subscriber and I’m very interested in Android development. Any chance an intermediate level Kotlin course could be developed for Android that would assume you had done the basic Android Development course?

Thanks!

Hey christotainteddingo!

We’re definitely interested in building out some more Android content with Kotlin. In the mobile development domain, we’re currently working on building out our iOS content first, but then we’ll be looking to release more Android courses. We’ll be looking to release those sometime next year. Let us know if you have anything you’d like to see in them!

Best,
Ben

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Interesting. Just out of curiosity, why did iOS become a higher priority over Android?

1 Like

Could be in part because (I think) Codecademy company devices are Apple. If you’ve already got a fleet of Macs / iPhones and people who’re used to using and developing with them, there’s probably a lower bar to entry for an iOS course than an Android one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We did some research earlier this year and found there was more interest for iOS offerings, though we plan on building out more content for both!

2 Likes

Hey! I am sorry for asking the same question. It has been more than a year. So, is there any chance we could see a Kotlin mobile app development course anytime soon on Codecademy?