Komodo python

I also have a question regarding the Python interpreter. I have installed Komodo Edit and installed Python and automatically set the path for Python. Now Komodo does not ‘see’ Python because when I try to run stuff in the program I get an error message.

C:\Users*****\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\python.exe: can’t open file ‘Python3-1.py’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

**** is my name so I just covered that up :stuck_out_tongue:

Although the problem is easy to spot, how do I get Komodo to open Python3-1.py ? I can’t find the file on my system

Use Python on notepad

That…doesn’t add up, I think you just need to rethink what’s responsible for what. For example, you probably want python to open the file containing your code, not komodo, and it isn’t python not being found by komodo, it’s your code file not being found by python. And if you don’t know whether you’ve created the file and if so where, then that seems like a good place to start

Doesn’t it work like IntelliJ? I just want to write code in Komodo click the run button and see the result in a console.

How what works?

As far as python is concerned, this is how you run python code:

2018-04-16-175257_371x146_scrot

Anything other than that is editor configuration, getting your editor to do exactly this same thing

Yeah I dont know what I was thinking lol… But it’s working now. I now use notepad++, thanks for the replies :slight_smile: