Keeping Track of Produce (Help!)

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/python-beginner-en-IZ9Ra/1/3?curriculum_id=4f89dab3d788890003000096

You should have exactly three print statements! (Make sure there are no occurrences of 'print' in any comment or string!)

prices = {"banana": 4,"apple": 2,"orange": 1.5,"pear": 3}
stock = {"banana": 6,"apple": 0,"orange":32,"pear":15}
for key in prices:
    print "prices: %s" 
    print "stock: %s"

If you only print the price and how many are in stock, how would you know later what specific item it is?

Are you doing a course in Python?

Yeah I'm currently doing a course , I just don't know what I did wrong with this:

for key in prices:

You need a third print statement...

Well if I can I will try to get to that lesson, I passed it except I deleted my account a few days ago and remade it so it might take me some time. I'll try my best

Can you tell me what specific lesson in which section you're in, if that doesn't divert you from what you're doing?

If you wouldn't mind explaining something about your code from your other question why do you have colons?

What other print statement I should use?

Right now you have identified the price and how many there are,what would you print to identify the item itself?

I don't know yet, what does s stand for?

How about this:

prices = {"banana": 4,"apple": 2,"orange": 1.5,"pear": 3}
stock = {"banana": 6,"apple": 0,"orange":32,"pear":15}
for key in prices:
print key

%s represrests a placeholder for string formatting. The correct syntax for this is:

print "prices: %s" % list[key]

sorry that I'm asking you questions, since I'm supposed to be helping. Hope that's ok.

Is this a result that would work for the groceries, I think you already understood what to do, but I wanted to figure it and so hers is my result.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.