Just a doubt

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-javascript/lessons/introduction-to-javascript/exercises/comments?action=lesson_resume
In this exercise it says to create a multi-line comment but I just can't get it. I mean the instructions they've given is quite unclear. Somebody, please help me out...ASAP.

Maybe This will help...

/*
This 
Is
A
Multiline
Comment
*/

and

//This is a single line comment

Yeah I get that but then when it instructs to type lines 4-9, should we type in the whole passage????

Yes, that is exactly what you are supposed to comment out.

Okey..Thank you!!!!!

Hey!!!!! It's not working .... :cry:

Let me see your code...

/*
This
Is
A
Multiline
Comment
*/
console.log('It was love at first sight.');

console.log('The first time Yossarian saw the chaplain he fell madly in love with him.');
console.log('Yossarian was in the hospital with a pain in his liver that fell just short of being jaundice.');
console.log('The doctors were puzzled by the fact that it wasn\'t quite jaundice.');
console.log('If it became jaundice they could treat it.');
console.log('If it didn\'t become jaundice and went away they could discharge him.');
console.log('But this just being short of jaundice all the time confused them.');
The Prefix is the typo i made

the first line of this program is supposed to be a single line comment.

Then where do I insert the Multi line thingie

Try following this template...

Line 1: //Single line comment
Line 2: console.log("");
Line 3: /*
Line 4: console.log("");
Line 5: console.log("");
Line 6: console.log("");
Line 7: console.log("");
Line 8: console.log("");
Line 9: console.log("");
Line 10: */

Oh..... I get it!!!!! Thanks a lot.... I'm too new to this so..sorry for the inconvenience..and Thank you anyway!!!!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.