Jupyter download

After I download the miniconda on win 10,

Blockquote
I typed ‘conda list’ on ubuntu,
Blockquote

there is a prompt
command not found

how can I fix it ?

Hi @konojames5808740993, I’m assuming by Ubuntu on Windows, you mean Windows Subsystem for Linux. You may want to read this article and just replace the path with where you installed miniconda in Ubuntu.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I typed

Blockquote
conda install jupyter
Blockquote
on ubuntu ,
it prompted
Blockquote
command not found
Blockquote
what should I do ?

do you have conda installed?? check by typing

conda --version

I did installed Miniconda3,and I have tried the command you give ,failed.

I think what that means is that whatever directory you’re in, you don’t have a direct call to conda (it may be that you didn’t configure it in your bash profile).

You can try looking over the documentation. Really if you trace it step by step you’re likely to resolve the issue.

https://docs.conda.io/projects/conda/en/latest/user-guide/install/linux.html

1 Like

@konojames5808740993,

In your other post you said you downloaded Miniconda on Windows. That’s why you can’t access it from Linux. I’m assuming you are using WSL, but correct me if I’m wrong. If you are using WSL, just remember that it is a full version of Linux and is not Windows (even though it is running side by side with Windows).

As such, if you are looking to use Miniconda on your WSL Ubuntu, you need to download it there, from Ubuntu’s terminal, and not from Windows.

If you are fine using Miniconda on the Windows side, then it sounds like you already have it downloaded there. Just open up Cmd (or Anaconda Prompt if you have it — I forget if this comes standard with Miniconda on Windows now) and you will find your Miniconda installation works there.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying, I just saw his other post.

1 Like