JavaScript: What is the javascript type that you use in the beginning lessons of Intro to JavaScript

I want to know which java script type you use because I want to start making some code even if I really don’t know what I’m doing

it says Main.js but idk what that means

The name, main.js is the name of the JavaScript file stored in the editor namespace. It is a text file where our code is written and saved. The extension is always .js as this tells us it is a JS file. It also tells the user agent which engine to use to parse, compile and execute the code.

As far as ‘JavaScript type’ is concerned, there is no type of JS, only iterations, or versions. Currently the latest iteration is ES8 (ECMAScript version 8). Perhaps I am not understanding your question?

no, I believe you understand my question it’s just that there is stuff like script.js and I think of them as different types instead of different languages

1 Like

so basically I just get confused

Hey Aram
if you need some help to understand better the codeacademy code environment just post a screenshot of what you find confusing and I think several people will gladly help out solving your doubts.

stuff like script.js and I think of them as different types instead of different languages

The language is always Javascript (JS), you understand that by the file format at the end of the file (.js).

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion I sure will post if I need help

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.