Javascript should state inclusivity of Math.Random

I recognize that this is mostly a community of other learners on the forums, but I have no idea where else to write this because every report I’ve ever made has been ignored. I’m hoping that someone sees this who can do something about the issue.

Please include wording that Math.random() generates a number between 0 (inclusive) and 1 (exclusive).

I was just reviewing this material after taking a break from JavaScript and I got very confused by the repeatedly non-explicit wording of the material. I thought I remembered Math.random() excluding 1, but the lesson material states it generates a number between 0 and 1. It then goes on to state that multiplying by 50 generates a number between 1 and 50. It does not explicitly state that 1 is excluded. I took a quiz on the material and ended up failing the question because this led me to believe I was misremembering information. Thankfully, when I finally chose the correct answer a prompt came up that helped clear the confusion.

That’s a great point! Thanks for mentioning it, should be changed soon.

There are many concepts and ideas that are not totally clear here in Codecademy.

The solution is to always read the MDN references to know exactly how it works!

:slight_smile: