Javascript help

I have a bit of a problem on one of the codecademy javascript courses. Well, the "Learn JS" part that is. It tells me to create another console.log entry and divide 65 by 240. I type in the right words and numbers and symbols and closers and everything, but then it gives me an x for something the instructions are clearly telling me to create yet it doesn't work. I tried spacing the numbers away from the division sign (/) and i tried many times not spacing anything at all. Nothing is working. And I can't move on without getting this one right. I'm in a pickle :confused: by the way, admins: if this post is in the wrong place feel free to relocate it to where it should be, because i don't know where else it would go. Thank you much for admining great!

Can you please copy and paste your code so we can have a look? Also the exercise URL? Thanks in advance.

console.log('3.5+22');
console.log('48');
console.log('65/240');

This above is what I'm trying to complete. The link is below this sentence.

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-javascript/lessons/introduction-to-javascript/exercises/math-operators?action=lesson_resume

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm just missing something that is glaringly obvious. My JS skills are squat :stuck_out_tongue:

When you put quotation marks around something it turns it into a string.

console.log('3.5+22'); 
console.log('48');
console.log('65/240');

Simply remove the quotation marks to make your code like this.

console.log(3.5 + 22); 
console.log(48);
console.log(65/240);

does JS not use as many quotations and double quotations as other languages?

Not sure what you mean. Quotes will give you strings, which you don't want around numbers.

If you need to make a calculation, such as 1 + 1, don't use quotes. If you want to store, say, a phone number, you might wanna use quotes.

guys, I have another problem, I work in Sublime Text 3 in parallel and it gives me an error at the console.log() code. Please help

Can you please copy and paste your code so we can have a look? Also the
exercise URL? Thanks in advance.

It happened to me too and need help PLEASE

A post was split to a new topic: Get an error when placing the name of the book