Javascript Dog Years Project Goal - Canine Methusaleh?

This is about the Javascript Dog Year project…
[https://www.codecademy.com/paths/web-development/tracks/getting-started-with-javascript/modules/learn-javascript-introduction/projects/dog-years-javascript ]

Did anyone else misinterpret the goal of this project? I assumed it was to determine the actual dog equivalent of my age.

I wrote my Javascript code, which worked fine and gave me the correct result – at 60, I am the equivalent of an 11.75 year old dog. (60-21)/4 +2. I can live with that.

But when I went back to mark off the accompanying checklist, I realized the instructions were to multiply my human age into dog years. That’s all the years I’ve lived x 4, except for the first two, which are x 10.5. That makes me a 253 year old dog, which is both impossible and depressing.

As a pet owner, I think my interpretation is more relevant to the real world. I want to go back and add a little conditional logic to account for a human younger than 21 and/or to reverse it so I can enter my cats’ ages and get their human equivalent.

At the very least, I think CodeAcademy needs to clarify what they mean in the project overview. Any thoughts?

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.