Java or Full Stack path

Hello everyone.

I recently got really interested in programming and after carefully choosing my first language based on my goals i decided to start this journey by learning Java.
I completed the Pro Java course a few days ago and I also bought a book just so i could learn more about it.

After upgrading to Pro i had the choice to choose between two different paths ( Front End, Full Stack … ) and i have chosen Full Stack. In this path (as you probably know) there are various languages to learn but Java, the language that I’m interested in.

My questions are:
Should i put aside Java for the time being and learn the languages suggested to me in the Full Stack path and return to Java in the future? or should i simply add Java to the path? What utility does Java have on this path?
Even tho the latter doesn’t make sense since Java not being in the path i assume is unnecessary to learn for the goal of the Full Stack path itself.

I’m very confused.
Thank you for your time.

If I were you,

I’d give Java my undivided attention until I mastered it and knew everything there was to know about it (that means, to at least being able to get started programming in Java). I wouldn’t focus on much else until this was done.

After that, it really comes down to two things:

• Do I only want to focus on back-end programming
  • Or do I also want to tinker with front-end stuff

You said you chose Java based on your goals, and I think this might be the answer. If you need Java for Android, then that’s pretty much what you’ll need to focus on. If you plan on creating web apps, you’ll have to figure out whether you want to solely focus on the business logic end of things, or create smart User Interfaces as well.

That being said, diversifying your knowledge is always a good thing. First, you’ll understand more. You’ll have a global overview of the ins and outs of an app. Even if you do become a back-end guy, understanding what your front-end colleagues have to deal with is an undeniable asset. You’ll also be more employable.

You might even like front-end more, who knows? By broadening your area of expertise, you simply don’t put a barrier to what you can do. You can switch to one or the other, and won’t be stuck with the only thing you know if you ever wanted to do something else. Be aware, though, that once you’re full stack, you’ll need to be able to handle full-stack. Some employers will hire a full-stack guy instead of two separate guys each focused on their own area of expertise. The employer only has to pay one person, but you need to be able to cover for the whole project and handle the two jobs.

Having said all of this, here’s what I’d do:

• Focus primarily on Java and master it
  • Learn what front-end is really about and find out if you like it or not
  • Do learn about the different technologies and their use, even if you don’t plan on going full-stack
  • Learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript
  • On top of that, learn the Command Line and Git
  • Learn about databases

My two cents.

Thank you for replying @ghostlovescore
I guess i will focus on Java until i have a very good understanding of it and then ill proceed with learning HTML, CSS, JS and the rest of your list.